Need an Inspection? Call 972-886-4250

When do I need a Building Permit – Commercial & Residential

iconNew Construction

iconInterior Remodels


iconAlteration and Repairs

iconPlumbing, Electrical, Mechanical

iconConstruction of Interior walls greater than 5 feet 10 inches in height

iconRetaining walls

iconCertificates of Occupancy

iconSwimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, Accessory Buildings,

iconLawn Irrigation Systems, Decks, and Patio Covers

Quick Steps for New Construction

  1. Complete the appropriate building permit application and get your permit approved
  2. Start your project
  3. Get inspected
  4. Get your final inspection


Investigate violations and take necessary action to obtain compliance - including issuance of citations. Establish maximum occupant capacity. Process special house-moving requests, temporary use permits. The Town of Fairview has adopted and currently enforces the following construction codes:

Inspections are done Monday - Friday. To request an inspection call 972-562-0522 ext.4250

For residential construction:

  • 2012 International Residential Code
  • 2011 National Electrical Code
  • 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
  • 2012 International Fire Code

For commercial construction:

  • 2012 International Building Code
  • 2012 International Plumbing Code
  • International Mechanical Code 2012
  • National Electrical Code 2011
  • International Energy Conservation 2012
  • Code 2012 International Fuel Gas Code

For Code Enforcement Complaints, please use this form iconComplaint Form


The Town of Fairview has adopted the following codes:

2011  National Electrical Code

2012  International Building Code

2012  International Plumbing Code

2012  International Mechanical Code

2012  International Energy Conservation Code

2012  International Residential Code

2012  International Fuel / Gas Code

2012  International Fire Code

Building in the Town of Fairview is regulated by Chapter 154 of the Code of Ordinances, “Zoning”, as well as other applicable local ordinances.

Swimming Pool

Waiver To Construct in Munic Easement
Swimming Pool Permit Packet

Special Event Forms

Special Event Permit Application


Sign Permit Application
Sign Permit Packet
Sign Permit Requirements


Collin County OSSF Form
Septic Application for On-Site Sewage Facility
Septic Packet

Residential Forms

Residential Builder's Packet-Additions, Alterations, Remodels, Accessory Structures
Residential Builder's Packet-New Construction
Termite Protection Form

Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical

Plumbing HVAC Electical Permit Application

New, Addn, Remodel Residential

Miscellaneous Projects

Drive Approach Application
Fence Permit Application


Location Device Installed
Irrigation Permit

Health Forms

Food Permit Application

General Construction Documents

2018 Town Holiday and Construction Work Schedule
Contractor's Registration
Addendum Form
Change of General Contractor Form
Change of Sub-Contractor Form
Credit Card Authorization Auto Draft Form
Impervious Surface Form
Permit Withdrawal Form
Release Form for Gas & Electric
Building Inspections Information


Water Meter Form & Impact Fees
Road Impact Fees

Commercial Forms

Certificate of Occupancy
Commercial Builder's Packet
Commercial Permit Application
Demo Permit Application


Building Inspections Contact