To enforce the Town's code of ordinances in accordance with the law, while working with residents to resolve violations fairly, cordially and professionally.


To maintain a high quality of life in the Town of Fairview, the Town employs a Code Enforcement Officer to enforce certain nuisance codes. Below is a list of the ten most common code enforcement violations, with a link to the pertinent section of code. View the entire Code of Ordinances. To lodge a complaint, click on the Code Complaints tab below or download the Code Complaint Form.

For more information, email Code Enforcement Officer Robert White or call 972-886-4223.


Code Property Maintenance

StandardsIcon Portable outside storage facilities such as PODS may not be used for more than 30 days in any one year; storing materials outside that are not normally used or stored outdoors is also prohibited after 30 days.

StandardsIcon All septic systems must be monitored under a current maintenance, testing, and reporting contract and regularly inspected; contracts must be filed with the town.

StandardsIcon Roadside sales are not allowed; door-to-door peddlers and solicitors must be permitted by the town following a background check.

StandardsIcon Dogs may not run at large.

StandardsIcon Only one grazing animal per acre is generally allowed in residential areas.

StandardsIcon Habitual barking and yelping by a dog is not permitted.

StandardsIcon No more than a total of four adult cats, dogs, or other household pets are allowed at a single residence.

StandardsIcon Fireworks may not be bought, sold, or used in the town or its immediate surroundings.

StandardsIcon Outdoor burning is prohibited except in a few very rare instances, all of which must be approved by the fire chief or fire marshal.

StandardsIcon Many noise nuisances are prohibited, including playing loud music before 7:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m., as well as construction work before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m. or at any time on Sundays or legal town holidays.

StandardsIcon Firearms may not be discharged within the town limits.

StandardsIcon All fire and police alarms are to be registered with the town.

StandardsIcon Locked gates and other devices that limit public safety access to a property should be secured with a fire department approved Knox lock.

StandardsIcon Structures, fences, earthwork, pipes, debris, etc. may not block drainage easements or ditches, reroute creeks, or obstruct floodways.

StandardsIcon Cars, boats, motorcycles, etc. may not be sold except on a permitted sales lot or on a residential property owned by the same person owning the vehicle for sale.

StandardsIcon Travel trailers and boat trailers longer than 45 feet may not be parked in a residential area; those less than 45 feet must be parked behind the front building line on a paved surface.

StandardsIcon Garbage or recycling containers may not be placed at the collection point prior to 5:00 p.m. on the day before collection or remain after 6:00 a.m. on the day after collection.

StandardsIcon The type, size, and location of fences and walls are restricted (see Chapter 14 of the town’s code of ordinances for details).

StandardsIcon The town regulates the type, size, location, and duration of signage (see Chapter 3 of the town’s code of ordinances for more details).

StandardsIcon The town enforces restrictions on the type and amount of outdoor lighting (see Chapter 3 of the town’s code of ordinances for more details).



Complete the form below including name, address, phone number, and email.

Complaints are typically only reviewed and investigated during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, in most cases within 24 hours. All fields must be filled in order to submit.

Code Complaints

Complaint Location
Invalid Input

Your contact information
Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Code Enforcement