Trash, Recycling and Brush/Bulk Collection Schedule

Trash, recycling and yard trimmings are collected weekly on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Trash and recycling carts should be placed at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on pick up day.

Bulk waste and loose brush are collected once a month. Bulk trash may be put out after 6 p.m. on the Friday before collection and may be picked up anytime during the collection week.

Refer to the 2019 full year map and calendar to determine your pick up day/week.

The Utility Billing Department is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Water and Sewer Service: NEW RATES EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 4, 2018

Residential sewer averaging is based on the average number of gallons of water used per month during the three months from the previous December 15 to March 15, or other appropriate billing period that most closely coincides with the previous three winter months. Customers who do not have a three-month winter average upon which to base an estimated sanitary usage shall be assessed on the actual number of gallons of water metered monthly.

Water & Sewer Deposit Fees:

Water only (house with septic system)


Water and Sewer service


Service processing fee



NOTE: Deposits will be returned after 1 year if the customer has an on-time payment record


Residential Sewer Rates:

First 1,000 gallons


1,001-12,000 gallons

$4.21 per 1,000 gallons

NOTE: Service addresses without town water services = $71.50


Residential Water Usage Rates:

First 2,000 gallons


2,001 – 10,000 gallons

$5.04 per 1,000 gallons

10,001 – 20,000 gallons

$6.29 per 1,000 gallons

20,001 – 30,000 gallons

$7.87 per 1,000 gallons

30,001 – 40,000 gallons

$8.66 per 1,000 gallons

40,001 – 50,000 gallons

$9.52 per 1,000 gallons

Over 50,000 gallons

 $12.64 per 1,000 gallons

NOTE: Water connections that use more than 50,000 gallons of water in
any one month shall be assessed a surcharge of $3.12 for every 1,000
gallons over 50,000. The $12.64 rate listed above includes this surcharge.

Residential Special Water Usage Rates:

Subdivisions within the Town that consist of more than 100 platted single family lots with both detached and attached single family homes in which a HOA provides, maintains and manages irrigation of all common areas and the exterior of all individual lots under a looped master irrigation system within the subdivision.

First 2,000 gallons


2,001 – 10,000 gallons

$5.04 per 1,000 gallons

10,001 – 20,000 gallons

$6.29 per 1,000 gallons

20,001 – 30,000 gallons

$7.87 per 1,000 gallons

30,001 – 40,000 gallons

$8.66 per 1,000 gallons

40,001 – 50,000 gallons

$9.52 per 1,000 gallons


Stormwater Fee:

Flat Rate Fee

$5.75 per month


Commercial Water Usage Rates:

First 1,000 gallons


1,001 – 30,000 gallons

$6.30 per 1,000 gallons

30,001 – 40,000 gallons

$8.00 per 1,000 gallons

Over 40,000 gallons

 $12.63 per 1,000 gallons


Commercial Sewer Rates:

First 1,000 gallons


Over 1,000 gallons

 $4.21 per 1,000 gallons

icon Bank Draft Authorization Form

icon Disconnection Request PDF Form

Stop Water Service Online Form

icon Water and Sewer Application
iconWater and Sewer Rate Increase Ordinance - Effective December 4, 2018


Pay Your Bill Save Water! Learn more about water conservation



There are multiple ways you can pay your water and trash bill.


Pay Your Bill


 Pay Online

A page will open in a new window for you to login to your account; if you are new to online payments you'll either need to setup an account or make a one tiime payment. All you need to make a one time payment is your utility bill account number and the amount of your last payment.

Pay Your Bill

Bank Draft

Customers are encouraged to pay by automatic bank draft (ABD). When using a draft, the customer's chosen bank account is electronically debited one day before payment is due each month. Customers still receive a bill for information purposes two weeks before the draft date. There is no additional charge to enroll in the Town's ABD program, and you may cancel at any time by notifying the Town in writing.

Pay Your Bill

Postal Mail

Customers should use the Town remittance stub and envelope when paying by mail. Remittance envelopes are provided with the monthly bill and are pre-printed with the address for the Town of Fairview. If the remittance stub is not used and no reference information is provided on the check, there may be a delay in posting the payment to the proper account.

Pay Your Bill

Drop Off/In Person

Of course, customers are welcome to stop by Town Hall and pay at the billing office. You may also use our drop box at any time. It is located on the south side of Town Hall curbside beside the handicap parking spots.

Unusually High Usage and Think You May Have a Leak

If you are concerned that you were billed for unusually high usage, you may have a leak on your property. Small leaks such as toilet flapper valves, and leaking fittings, can over time, result in unusually high consumption. If you have an irrigation system, damaged heads, and leaks can greatly contribute to a higher water bill.

To determine whether or not you do have a leak, locate your water meter (usually located near the street and near the property line). Turn off all the water in your house. Return to your water meter and observe the red dial in the center of the meter for several minutes. This is a pointer arm that rotates inside the meter. If all of the water on your property is turned off, this red pointer arm should remain stationary. If the arm rotates in a clockwise direction with all the water points shut off (dishwashers, washing machines, faucets, etc) , then you have a leak on your property and a plumber or leak detection company should be contacted.

If you do detect a leak and have it repaired by a licensed plumber, you may bring this receipt to Town Hall and apply for a leak adjustment. Each address may apply for a leak adjustment once per year.


High Water Usage

How to read your meter

Almost all of our meters in Town are manufactured by “Master Meter”. They are radio read meters. The meter sends a radio signal to a laptop computer in our trucks. This allows us to get your meter reading without ever actually opening your meter box. This also eliminates most meter reading mistakes. We encourage you to read your meter whenever you choose to. This will allow you to see how much water you use on a daily basis.

To read your meter simply open the can and write down all the numbers in the white boxes. Most meters have 4 white boxes with black numbers, followed by two black boxes with white numbers, followed by a white zero surrounded in blue. These are displayed on the picture shown. Reading from Right to Left – the first black box with a white number represents 10s of gallons. A 7 in that box would represent 70 gallons.The second black box (reading from right to left) represents 100’s of gallons. A 3 in the second box would represent 300 gallons. The first White box with black numbers would represent 1000’s of gallons. To determine your usage take a reading today. Write down all the numbers displayed. Read the meter again at about the same time the next day. Subtract the second days reading from the first. This will tell you how many gallons you used. Remember to add a Zero at the end of your calculation since we do not measure units lower than 10 gallons. When you are billed we round our billing to the nearest 1,000 gallons.

Trash Service - New Rates Effective October 1, 2017

Bulk/Brush Collection

Bulk/brush items must be placed outside by 7 a.m. on your designated Monday and no earlier than 5 p.m. the Friday before. Republic Services will pick up bulk items between Monday and Friday of your designated week. To confirm your designated Monday, please view the appropriate Bulk, Trash and Recycle Schedule located at the top of this page. Residents can request additional bulk and brush pickup more often than once per month, but will be assessed a charge of $97.85 per hour with a one-hour minimum.

Residential Trash Pick-up Fees

Residential trash and recycling services are provided by Republic Services (Allied Waste) throughout the town. The cost for once per week trash and recycling collection, using 95-gallon rolling containers, is $16.43 plus $1.75 administrative fee monthly, plus sales tax. Additional carts may be used for an additional $6.51 per month per cart. Handicapped residents may request front-door pickup. Trash collection is billed on residents' water bills.

Residents may use other haulers if they choose, but they will still be assessed the monthly charge. All residential properties are covered by the franchise, regardless of whether or not water service is provided by the town, and will be billed accordingly. Failure to pay any portion of the town’s utility bill may result in late fees and/or termination of service.

Senior Rate

A resident of the Town may begin receiving the senior rate after providing a valid document supporting an occupant of the residence is age 65 or older, this document must provide both the occupant’s date of birth and the address of the residence requesting the senior rate. The senior rate is $15.14 plus $1.75 administrative fee monthly, plus sales tax, this rate will only be billed once valid documents have been presented.

Handicapped Persons Requests

Certified handicapped persons can request front door pick-up for no additional charge. Able-bodied residents who do not want to roll the cart(s) to the curb can pay an extra $28.99 (plus sales tax) per month to have it collected at their houses. Billing is through the town’s monthly utility bill. Though a resident may receive backdoor service, this will not apply to brush/bulk collections.

Trash/Recycling Collection and Cart Usage

Trash and recycling collection is once per week, on Tuesday in Heritage Ranch and on Wednesday in the rest of the town. Garbage and recycling collection is in 95-gallon rolling containers provided by the hauler. There is no cost for the carts unless they are ruined by customer neglect or are taken when a customer moves out of Fairview.

Please note: Beginning January 1, 2018 a new trash schedule will be implemented; check back for further details.

Extra garbage carts are available for an additional $6.51 (plus sales tax) per month each, or an extra $9.69 (plus tax) for carry-out service from the house. A second recycling cart can be requested for free.

Collection is at the street and nothing outside the carts will be picked up except during the once per month brush and bulk waste collection.

Commercial and Industrial Customers

The Town has given Republic Services exclusive rights for waste collection and disposal of commercial and industrial garbage. This exclusivity does not include commercial or industrial recyclable materials, commercial or industrial accounts for which Republic Services releases from the Town or construction debris.

Construction debris will need to be removed from the property at the property owner's expense, using whomever the property owner wants but should they use a service other than Republic Services, a hauling permit fee of $100 shall be paid during the construction permitting process.

Republic Services will bill all commercial and industrial customers directly. All commercial and industrial customers will be billed a 5 percent franchise fee on each bill.

Front Load Commercial Service Rates









Commercial hand collect 95 Gallon (2 Carts)










$10.00 per additional cart

2 Yard








4 Yard








6 Yard








8 Yard








Other Fees

  • $3.61 per caster, per month
  • $1.38 per lock, per month
  • $1.38 per gate, per month
  • Excess trash on ground or overloaded containers charged at $38.63 per yard
  • Delivery fees: $128.75
  • Exchange fees: $206
  • Relocate or removal: $128.75

Industrial service charges include: 20 and 30 yard open top units for business and construction; compactor unit sizes on a per customer basis; 5 percent franchise fee on all industrial loans; haul rate; disposal rate and rental charges negotiated with customer at time of services by Republic Services.

Questions, Complaints and Concerns

Additional questions, service requests and concerns, should be directed to the Utility Billing Department at 972-886-4242 or 972-562-0522.

Household Hazardous Waste

By law, neither Fairview nor Republic Services (Allied Waste) collects household hazardous waste. However, for a fee, residents may take hazardous waste to the Home Chemical Collection Center located in Dallas at 11234 Plano Road, about one mile north of IH 635. The facility is the first building past the railroad tracks on the east side of the street. The building is white with bright turquoise trim.

The Home Chemical Collection Center accepts only household waste such as paint, pesticides, yard chemicals, pool chemicals, motor oil and other automotive fluids, cleaners, glues and other hobby products, fluorescent light tubes and batteries. Items not accepted include business waste, common trash and recyclables, radioactive materials, explosives, ammunition, or bio-medical waste. For information on how to dispose of unacceptable materials, call (214) 553-1765. The collection center’s website is

Quick Notes
BlueBinService Provider: Republic Services

BlueBinTrash/Recycle Pickup:

Once Per Week

  • Heritage Ranch on Tuesday
  • Rest of Town on Monday or Wednesday, see the map posted above

BlueBinBulk/Brush Pickup:

Once Per Month

  • Must be placed outside by 7 a.m. on your designated Monday


Call the Utility Billing Dept at 972-886-4242

BlueBinHazardous Waste:

Recycling Service

Be a Friend to the Earth - Recycle!

There is no need to presort recyclables. Do not place items in plastic bags unless it is shredded paper, which should only be placed in a CLEAR plastic bag. Please always close the cart lid.

Materials collected in a municipal recycling program include:



Number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7 plastics can be recycled in your recycle bin. Milk jugs, liter bottles, shampoo bottles, etc.
No butter tubs or containers with openings as large as the container.
No plastic bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products.
Please remove all caps.


All colors of glass bottles can be recycled. Bottles only. No plate glass, ceramic or mirrors. Please rinse containers and discard lids.


All metal food and beverage cans can be recycled. It’s not necessary to remove the label, but please remove the lids, all food waste and rinse.
No aluminum foil.

Newspaper, Catalogs, and Magazines

Newspapers, catalogs and magazines can all be recycled in your recycle bin. Do not bundle newspaper or place in bags

Junk Mail, Cardboard, and Mixed Household Paper

Place all junk mail, envelopes, cereal boxes, cardboard, chipboard and any other household paper product inside your bin.
No tissues, wet paper or paper contaminated with food products are accepted.
All cardboard must be broken down to a size that will fit inside your recycle bin. Larger boxes can be placed under your recycle bin. Only flattened boxes will be accepted

Water Trash Contact